An Italian decrees: The 10 commandments for perfect pasta
10 tips for cooking perfect pasta
Ten simple rules to remember:
1. The border between pasta al dente and raw pasta is more blurred than you think...
2. Be careful, because overcooking pasta is a sure way to an early grave...
3. If he breaks the spaghetti, you break his fingers.
4. Whoever puts salt in the water before the water boils is going straight to hell.
5. There is nothing that can justify using fine salt in the water for the pasta. Really, nothing.
6. And by the way: putting pasta in water before it's boiling is a mortal sin.
7. Under 100 grams is not a portion, it's a taste to see if it is cooked.
8. If you do not see on the package: bronze-drawn, durum wheat flour pasta, dried slowly and at low temperature, don't buy it.
9. When you watch a program where a famous chef has "invented a new carbonara", change the channel: hell is paved with good intentions, but it always remains hell...
10. And for God's sake: learn to jump the pasta. Seasoning it directly on the plate is equivalent to not seasoning it at all.
Don't make Nonna cry, remember the basics 😉!