Autumn toffee apple cookies
Sticky toffee apple cookie recipe for the perfect autumnal treat
Everyone needs this in their recipe bank! This sweet and gooey treat is ideal for an Autumn boost.
(Makes 20 Cookies)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pitted dates (optional)
- Finely chopped apple
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
If having as a dessert:
- Ice cream topping
1) In one bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
2) In a separate bowl beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Throw in the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4) If using dates, add them now.
5) Slowly add in dry ingredients, apple and half the toffee bits until combined.
6) Chill dough for 1-2 hours.
7) When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°
8) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
9) Portion out cookie dough in 2-3 tablespoon servings.
10) Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden.
11) Allow to cool completely.
12) Sprinkle with the rest of the toffee bits.
13) Serve as a cookie or as a dessert with ice cream.
There you have it. A great recipe for Halloween, cold nights or simply impressing your friends.
Let me know what you think.