Avobar's Moroccan Plantballs Bowl Recipe
A simple superfood dish that'll tingle your tastebuds
Ever wanted to recreate one of Avobar's hearty superfood dishes at home? Well, good news. They've shared their secrets with us, so now you can have a go at whipping up one of their popular Moroccan Plantballs Bowls all by yourself!
Superfood fact: Sweet potato (the main ingredient in the plantballs) is a great immunity booster due to its high level of beta carotene, which turns into vitamin A once consumed. Plus, it's also rich in fibre, B Vitamins AND Vitamin C. Good to know, right?
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 avocado (half diced)
- Baby spinach
- Baby gem lettuce
- Fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil
- Bake the whole sweet potatoes in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45 minutes to an hour (depending on size), until completely cooked.
- De-skin the sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl, add the cumin, coriander and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Make the mixture into balls (these are the 'plantballs'). Heat a sauté pan on medium heat, add some coconut oil and cook the plantballs on all sides.
- Mix the kale, baby spinach, baby gem lettuce, avocado and mint. Mix all ingredients together and place in a salad bowl. Add olive oil and mix well.
- Add the remaining avocado half, place the plantballs on top of the salad and serve.