Avocado sourdough toasts with harissa and hummus recipe
All the best kinds of goodness on one health-boosting plate
Avocado on toast. It's right up there with the yummiest snacks around – perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, a quick dinner... any time you fancy it, really. And if you're looking for an avo-toast mashup that'll really hit the spot, this Middle Eastern-inspired tahini, harissa and hummus recipe is the answer to all your prayers. Sprinkle with Linwoods hemp seeds and you've got yourself one heavenly dish.
- ...For the avocado toast...
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- Fresh dill
- Fresh coriander
- Sea salt flakes
- Linwoods Hemp Seeds
- Lime wedges
- ...For the hummus...
- 1 can tinned chickpeas
- The brine of the tinned chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 80g tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Blend all the ingredients for the hummus together in a high speed blender. Add a tablespoon or two of cold water if you want a looser consistency.
- Toast the sourdough bread slices and spread over the tahini.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and cut into thin slices. Arrange the slices over the toasts. Sprinkle the avocado with hemp seeds, dill and coriander leaves.
- Spread the hummus onto the side of the plate, creating a little well known the middle. Spoon in a little harissa.
- Squeeze some lime juice over the avocado and serve.
Find out more about Linwoods.