Recipe: Baked Fish with Lemon Cream Sauce
This Baked Fish recipe comes with a Lemon Cream Sauce and is made in ONE baking dish! Yup, just throw it all in one pan and bake it.
- 4 x 150- 180g / 5 - 6 oz fish fillets, see notes
- 50g / 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cream, heavy / thickened
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp shallots
- Fresh parsley and lemon slices , to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F (all oven types).
- Place fish in a baking dish - ensure the fish isn't crammed in too snugly.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Place butter, cream, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a microwave proof jug or bowl. Microwave in 2 x 30 sec bursts, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Sprinkle fish with shallots, then pour over sauce
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until fish is just cooked. Remove from oven and transfer fish to serving plates. Spoon over sauce, and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if using.
Fish - Any fillets or cutlets/ about 1.5 - 2 cm / 1/2 / 4/5" thick will work great with this because they cook quickly in the oven. Great for: Ling, Tilapia, Snapper, Barramundi, Silver Dory, John Dory, Basa, Hokki, Perch, Flathead OK for very lean fish like Swordfish, tuna (sauce adds richness!) but be VERY careful about not overcooking the fish. Not great for: salmon (too fatty, sauce splits) very thin delicate fish like flounder, Dover Sole ,small whole fish like sardines or mackerel