The other day I noticed my bananas were turning an ominous shade of brown. Being the picky eater that I am, I needed to find some use for them; and that's when I decided to make some delicious banana muffins!
This recipe makes about 12 soft and fluffy muffins. If you eat them straight out of the oven, with the chocolate still melted, you will most likely have a hard time sharing. They are perfect for busy mornings, or just for a snack!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• 125g butter, soft/room temperature
• 175g sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 250g all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 3 bananas
• 200g chocolate chunks
HOW TO MAKE THEM
1. Preheat the oven to 190° C.
2. Use a mixer to cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and the vanilla extract, and stir well.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder, and fold in with the batter until just combined.
4. Mash the bananas with a fork and add them in to the mixture with about 150g of the chocolate chunks.
5. Portion the batter evenly into 12 prepared muffin cups. Top with the remaining chocolate chunks.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until the muffins are domed and a cake tester comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven, and allow the muffins to cool on the tray for a few minutes. Finally, move over to a wire rack to cool completely.