Basic garlic soup recipe, to keep the vampires at bay
A quick, easy recipe to keep you warm... and keep those pesky vampires away
- 6 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 50 gr of bread (I used leftover bread)
- I added sliced leek and some carrot I had left, you can add any vegetable you want or keep it simple.
- I add parsley to almost everything but you can skip this.
- Slice the garlic and add them to a pot with 3 spoons of olive oil, cook until they are golden.
- Add the leek or vegetable of your choice and cook for a bit. Then add the bread in small pieces and mix a little bit.
- Add a spoon of paprika, (I added half and half, hot and mild paprika)
- Add 1L of water and salt to your taste.
- When it starts to boil, lower the temperature and cook for 10 minutes.
- I added some parsley too.
You can add some pieces of Iberico ham or chorizo to make it more flavourful.