Bircher muesli recipe
Breakfast need not be boring...
Post sponsored by
Breakfast need not be boring with a delicious and easy bircher muesli.
- 1 apple, unpeeled, quartered, core removed,
- 90g rolled oats
- 125ml apple juice
- 130g Yeo Valley natural yogurt, plus more to serve
- Large pinch ground cinnamon
- 25g flaked almonds
- 30g walnuts
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Topping: Blueberries or other fruit of your choice
- Coarsely grate the apple. Mix the grated apple, rolled oats, apple juice, yogurt and cinnamon in a bowl until well combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, ideally overnight.
- Combine the flaked almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds in a small bowl.
- Stir half the nut mixture through the muesli with a couple of spoons of yogurt if the muesli has been soaking overnight. (If the muesli has been soaking for 1 hour, add a little extra yogurt as desired.)
- Top with the remaining nut mixture and blueberries or other fruit to serve.