Birthday cake cookies recipe
In honor of my son's 12th birthday, I decided to try a new recipe. Let them eat cake, in cookie form.
- 1 box 15.25 oz (432g) yellow cake mix, or flavor of choice (moist versions work best)
- 1/4 cup candy sprinkles, any color
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1 can frosting of choice
- 1/4 cup polka dot sprinkles, optional
- Heat oven to 350' F (175' C)
- In large bowl, stir together cake mix, candy sprinkles, melted butter, milk and egg until soft batter forms. Scoop 20 spoonfuls of batter onto an un-greased or parchment lined large cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 min or until cookies are set, cool completely.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto bottom of 1 cookie, top with another, bottom side down.
- Roll edges of frosting in polka dot sprinkles if desired.
- Decorate with a candle, additional sprinkles, or leave plain.
- Celebrate and eat!
Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled for more cookies for larger celebrations. Chill dough in refrigerator between batches to avoid very flat cookies.
Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe