Black cherry French toast stack recipe
Skinny French toast? Oh yes, it exists
Love a sweet treat during the day, or want something sweet for breakfast or brunch? But also not in the mood for something that's really high in calories?
Well, give this black cherry French toast stack recipe a go. It uses Skinny Food Co's flavour drops, peanut butter and jam, so you can satisfy all your sweet cravings, but not all the calories.
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of bread
- Skinny Food Co Strawberry Crush flavour drops
- Skinny Food Co Black Cherry jam
- Skinny Food Co peanut butter
- Fat free Greek yogurt
- Add a few drops of the Strawberry Crush flavour drops to yogurt, stir through and leave to one side.
- Slice each slice of bread in half diagonally so that you have four triangles
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie spray oil (Skinny Food Co have three different spray oils) and allow to get hot.
- Beat the egg and add in a few drops of the Strawberry Crush flavour drops, stir and then dip the slices of bread in so that they are coated evenly and all the egg mixture has been soaked up.
- Lay the slices of eggy bread in the frying pan. Cook for about one minute each side or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, stack the french toast on top of one another.
- Now drizzle over the yogurt, peanut butter and black cherry jam, add fresh fruit, serve and enjoy.
Skinny Food Co
Find out more about The Skinny Food Co.