Boozy Saucy Salmon Recipe
Salmon infused with alcohol
- 2 salmon fillets
- 6 tbsp brandy or white wine
- 100ml double cream
- 3 baking potato sized potatoes peeled and cut in to quarters
- 6 mushrooms chopped in to quarters
- 1 red onion chopped in to small quarters
- 8 tenderstem broccoli spears
- 10 cherry tomatoes I used red and yellow
- 1 handful of fine green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- Butter and milk for the mash potato. Add to your desired depending how you like your mash
- Salt and pepper
- Place the salmon fillets in to a zip lock bag and add 3 tbsp or wine or brandy whichever you are using. move the liquid around to coat the salmon.
- Leave to stand for at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the salmon to take on some flavour.
For the vegetables
- Combine the mushrooms, fine beans, broccoli and red onion together in a bowl leaving the tomato to one side
- Preheat the grill to high
- Add the potatoes to a pan of water and bring to boil.
- With some kitchen paper pat the salmon dry and season with black pepper. Reserving any left over liquid. 15 minutes in to the potato cooking time place the salmon under the grill and cook until golden and just firm to touch. While the salmon is cooking add the combined vegetables in the steamer section of a pan and steam for 8 minutes towards then add the tomatoes and steam for a further 5 minutes or until the tomato skin starts to split.
- Turn off the hob, drain the potatoes and return to the pan and replace the lid
- Add the milk, butter and salt and pepper to the potatoes and mash until creamy
For the sauce
- When your nearly ready to serve, add the reserved liquid, the other 3 tbsp of brandy or wine and the onion powder to a small pan and place on a medium low heat stirring occasionally reduce heat and add the cream and give it a good whisk through with a hand whisk just to make sure no lumps have formed
- Place the mash potato and the vegetables on the plate and put the salmon on top pour over the sauce and enjoy
Do not leave the sauce unattended otherwise it will evaporate quite quickly and burn