Borough Broth Co’s 20-minute chicken pho recipe
Fancy a mid-week bowl of warming Vietnamese broth without reaching for the takeaway menu? We'll let you in on a secret: Borough Broth Co.’s Pho Broth is the next best thing. Plus, it's made with only organic ingredients – and absolutely no MSG or preservatives.
This 20-minute chicken pho is so easy to make, you may never want to buy the take-out kind again!
- 2 large, free range chicken thighs
- 2 pouches of Borough Broth Co. Organic Chicken Pho Broth
- 1 hot red chilli (optional)
- 6 spring onions
- 2 limes
- 200g rice noodles
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 small bunch fresh mint (optional)
- 100g beansprouts
- Dust the skin of the chicken thighs with a pinch of salt. Place in an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat the pouches of broth in a pan on the hob. Bring to the boil for 30 seconds, then reduce to a simmer.
- Take one of the red chillis, remove the seeds and slice into 2mm strips. Add to the simmering broth.
- Slice 3 of the spring onions into 2mm strips, and add the juice of one lime to the broth.
- Cook the rice noodles according to their packet instructions. Drain when ready to serve.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the oven. It should be brown on top (with crisp skin) and cooked through, without being too dry. Set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice into bite-size pieces.
- Prepare a plate of aromatics – beansprouts, mint leaves, coriander leaves, the other lime (chopped into quarters), and the rest of the chilli and spring onion.
- Place the drained noodles into the two bowls. Put the chicken pieces on top.
- Pour the hot broth over the noodles and chicken, add a sprig of coriander to garnish and serve with the plate of aromatics to add as you wish.
Borough Broth Co.