With butterscotch and cream soda as a base, these are different and enchanting and absolutely sure to satisfy any sweet tooth!
What you'll need
430g all-purpose flour
130g brown sugar
130g white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
375ml of cream soda
125ml vegetable oil
125g unsalted butter, softened
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
This is a simple 1:1:1 and this volume will easily fill a jar so if you need less than this, you can scale it down as you like!
250g brown sugar (I used dark for a richer taste but light would also work)
250ml extra thick double cream
250g unsalted butter
Make the cakes!
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and prepare your cupcake tin with your chosen cupcake cases
2. Sift the flour, then thoroughly mix in the brown and white sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Mix the butter in till the mixture has a sandy texture
4. Separately, whisk together the eggs, cream soda, oil, Greek yoghurt and vanilla extract then gradually add this to the dry ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated - the mixture is very wet!
5. Pour the mixture into the cupcake cases until they are about 3/4 full and then bake for 25 minutes (if you poke them with a skewer, it should come out dry and clean, if not, they need a bit longer but keep an eye on them!)
Let them cool before decorating
Put the butter, sugar and cream in a pan on a medium heat and keep stirring. When the sugar has dissolved, its ready! Transfer it to a jar and let it cool before using
When the cupcakes have cooled, core the middles out. I used an apple corer but if you have patience, im sure you could do this with a knife or spoon - just dont go all the way to the bottom! Fill the void with your butterscotch sauce, right to the top!
These are pretty sweet so I stuck with a simple vanilla buttercream icing, piped tall, and drizzled some butterscotch over the top!