Butterscotch banana bread recipe
Happy baking season! Time to revamp an old recipe
You might remember in 2020 how banana bread was one of the most popular goodies to make while in quarantine. Well, now as we all head for change towards brighter days ahead, it's time to give our same old banana bread recipe new life.
This one adds a few ingredients to give normal banana bread a fresh kick for autumn 2021 and get you on the right path towards an inspiring season of baking. I hope you try this and if you do, please let me know how yours turns out!
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F, or 175 C. Prepare a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, or lightly grease with shortening.
- Mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher. Add butter and mix well.
- Add cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, mix well.
- Add egg, vanilla, and sugar, mix well. Then mix in the flour.
- Coat the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a light dusting of flour. This will prevent them from sinking in the batter (although this batter is thick, I do it just for good measure). Fold all the chips into the batter and pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F (175 C) for about 1 hour, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. The top should be golden brown. Cool before enjoying.