Cabbage & Bacon Stir-fry recipe; A simple and flavorful side dish
It is crunchy and meaty with perfect blend of sauces, spices and herbs, that you will always find in your kitchen.
- 100gms Cabbage
- 100gms Bacon strips
- 3 Garlic Cloves and 1 small piece of Ginger
- Small piece of Lemon Grass (optional)
- 1 Green chili
- 1 Red Chili
- 1tbsp Honey
- 2tbsp Soy sauce
- 1tbsp Fish sauce
- 1tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 strings Spring onions
- Seasoning (salt, black pepper, chili flakes and, any dry herb)
- Garnish (basil leaves and black sesame seeds)
Cut the soft green leafy part of the cabbage length wise and soak in room temp water with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Heat 3tbsp oil in a wok or a pan, add the drained cabbage leaves to the oil and cook for 2 minutes or until soft and crunchy.
- Remove the cabbage on the side and in the same wok add 2tbsp oil, add bacon strips, cook for a minute or until golden brown.
- Add chopped green and red chili, chopped spring onions, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, lemon grass and mix well. Cook until all golden brown. Add the cabbage, add soy sauce, fish sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, black pepper, dry herb and salt to taste and mix well.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and black sesame seeds.
Enjoy this lovely and aromatic stir-fry anytime with very little efforts. Let me know if you like the recipe.