Chicken and chorizo with halloumi recipe
A quick piece on a tasty meal and how to make it
- 200g chicken breast
- 6-8 slices of chorizo
- 1/3 Cup of butter
- Handful of fresh chives
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- Rosemary (optional)
- Mixed nuts (optional)
- Rocket leaves
- A few pieces of broccoli
- Black pepper
- Pumpkin seeds (optional)
Preparing and Making the Garlic Butter
- Put a deep pan on a low heat.
- Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic and the chives.
- Add the butter to the pan, stir with a whisk and wait for it to lose its viscosity.
- Add the garlic and chives, mix well then place in a fridge to regain its viscosity.
Preparing and Cooking the Chicken
- Pre-heat oven to 200-220 degrees celsius.
- Get a glass oven dish and oil the base.
- Finely chop the remaining garlic clove.
- Add the chicken to the dish, sprinkle the garlic over the top.
- Add any extra seasoning you desire.
- Place in the oven for an hour.
Preparing and Cooking the Chorizo
- Around 20 minutes before the chicken is done, cut the slices of chorizo.
- Further cut the chorizo slices into smaller pieces.
- Around 10-15 minutes before the chicken is done, add the chorizo to the dish and let it soak up the flavour. It's great at this!
Preparing and cooking the Halloumi
- Around 20-25 minutes before the chicken is done, heat up a grill to max, you can fry if you have no access to a grill.
- Slice the halloumi with the large side down.
- About 15-20 minutes before the chicken is done, add the halloumi to the grill and turn over every couple of minutes, keeping and eye on it.
Finishing the Chicken
- As the chicken is about to finish cooking, pull it out of the oven and get the garlic butter out of the fridge.
- Chop the chicken into chunks while it's still in the dish.
- Add chunks of the butter evenly over the top of the chicken and allow it to melt whilst it's still hot.
Dishing Out the Food and Adding Extras
- Place the chicken, chorizo and halloumi on your plate.
- Add the broccoli and rocket.
- Crush up the mixed nuts and sprinkle over the chicken and rocket.
- Sprinkle the pepper, seeds and rosemary over everything.
- Add any other seasoning or sauce you want.
- Pour yourself a drink and enjoy!
Just a meal I came up with, this is the first recipe I have ever written. Feel free to change it in anyway you want, I'm sure this will work with a few different things. If anyone does use this recipe, drop me a message! I'd love to see what you come up with! Last of all, I hope you enjoy! Thank you for reading! :)