Chocolate cake pine cones recipe
So easy to make but with a huge wow-factor
My wife found these on the depths of the World Wide Web and made them as a dessert for the Christmas dinner. Lurking around in the kitchen I uploaded some pictures, and obviously there's a high demand for the recipe, so here we go. The funny thing about it is the simplicity: it only requires a few key ingredients, a little bit of patience, and some attention for details.
We took a random ready baked chocolate cake from the supermarket. The baking pros here will very likely bake one by themselves. Maybe there will be vegan options or just to regulate the sweetness. It also needs a bar of chocolate, we took dark chocolate with 70% cocoa but it's also possible to take normal milk chocolate. Also you need some cream and these chocolate breakfast cereal flakes. It's quite practical to get some wafers, oblates or small cookies as a foundation, otherwise the dough will stick to the plate later and this might be annoying
Crumbled Chocolate Cake
Step 1: Crumble the chocolate cake
Step 2: Melt the chocolate carefully in a waterbath. It's very important that not a single waterdrop enters the chocolate, otherwise it will clump together and is useless.
Step 3: Slowly pour the cream to the chocolate and stir carefully until smooth.
Step 4: Let the chocolate join the cake crumble and knead it all together. Let it settle for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
Step 5: Part the dough and form small cone shaped balls and place them on the foundation wafers.
Step 6: Pin the cereal around the dough cones from bottom to top. Don't worry, they will stick to it.
Step 7: Place the finished cones on plates and sprinkle some powdered sugar on them if you like. It looks like a bit like snow or frost.
Step 8: Enjoy. Don't mind the calories. You're not getting fat in the days between Christmas and New Year, but in the days between New Year and Christmas...
- 400g ready baked chocolate cake (or any other chocolate cake)
- 100g bar of chocolate (e.g. dark chocolate)
- A hand full of chocolate breakfast cereal
- 100ml cream
- Some wafers or oblates
- (optional) powdered sugar
- Crumble the Chocolate Cake
- Melt the chocolate
- Pour the cream to the chocolate and stir carefully
- Let the chocolate join the cake crumble and knead it all together. Let it settle for about 30 minutes at room temperature
- Part the dough and form small cone shaped balls and place them on the foundation wafers
- Pin the cereal around the dough cones from bottom to top
- Place the finished cones on plates and sprinkle some powdered sugar on them if you like
Alex R. But I'm not the inventor. My wife did all the work and found the recipe