Chocolate hemp protein bars recipe
Get your daily protein fix in the chocolatiest way possible
In need of a snack to help fuel your next workout? Want said snack to taste amazing? Say no more. You obviously need these chocolate hemp protein bars in your life, stat. Not only are they fudgy, chocolatey, vegan and delicious, but they're also loaded with Linwoods chia and hemp seeds for a satisfying crunch.
Could this be the yummiest way to get your daily dose of fibre, nutrients and Omega-3 ever? We certainly think so...
- 100g pitted Medjool dates
- 180g smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- 150g chocolate or chocolate peanut plant based protein powder*
- 20g raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 50g Linwoods Hemp Seeds
- 50g Linwoods Whole Chia Seeds
- 50g dark chocolate, melted (for topping)
- Blend the Medjool dates and the melted coconut oil in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the protein powder and cacao powder and blend to form a thick paste.
- Add the seeds and pulse to combine.
- Line a 2lb standard loaf tin with baking paper.
- Transfer the bar mixture to the tin and leave to set in the fridge for 3 hours (or overnight). If you're short on time, you could also put it in the freezer for an hour.
- Slice into 7-8 bars and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks in a sealed container, or freeze for up to one month.
*It’s best to use a chocolate/chocolate peanut plant-based protein powder that contains a mixture of different plant proteins. 100% rice protein will be too chalky, whereas 100% pea protein will dry the mixture out. The one we used is a mixture of hemp, peanut, rice, pumpkin and sunflower seed protein.
Find out more about Linwoods.