Chocolate zucchini muffins recipe
Grated zucchini makes for a moist and delicious anytime muffin!
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder (or 2, 1oz squares unsweetened chocolate)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or a mix of all purpose and whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 - 1 cup of milk or dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350' F (175'C). If making muffins, grease or line two muffin pans. If making bread, grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl combine cocoa, (or if using chocolate squares, melt in microwave safe bowl) eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and add to chocolate zucchini mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips or flavored chip of choice.
- Pour batter into prepared pans (loaf or muffin).
- If making muffins, bake in preheated oven for 20-25 min, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- If making two loaves, divide batter between two pans and bake for 60-70 min or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
You can also use nuts instead of chocolate chips, or other dried fruits for a variation.