Chorizo and lime-infused pineapple pizza recipe – the Italians are triggered
I love this...
Picture this: you fire up your Ooni pizza oven and bake a pizza, to perfection, in a minute. So far, so good. Everybody loves pizza. Then you might wanna up the ante by adding chorizo – a little unconventional perhaps, but fair enough.
And then you add lime-infused pineapple. Beautiful. I can already hear Italian mammas and nonnas shouting, “but what are you doing-a?”.
Haters gonna hate, but pineapple pizza is amazing. And lime goes with everything and anything ever, and always.
- 250/330g (8.8/11.6oz) classic pizza dough
- 4-5 tbsp classic pizza sauce
- 4-8 slices chorizo
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 40g (1.4oz) fresh/tinned pineapple chunks
- 40g (1.4oz) fresh mozzarella, torn into chunks
- A handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Prepare your pizza dough ahead of time.
- Prepare your classic pizza sauce.
- Place the juice and zest of your limes in a small container or bowl, then add the pineapple chunks. Seal with an airtight lid and let infuse, ideally, overnight, in the fridge.
- Fire up your Ooni pizza oven. Aim for 500C (952F). (You can check the temperature inside your Ooni oven easily with the Ooni Infrared Thermometer).
- Dust your Ooni pizza peel with a small amount of flour.
- Stretch the pizza dough ball out and lay it on your pizza peel.
- With a large spoon, spread an even layer of sauce over the base of your pizza. Top with the mozzarella chunks, then add the chorizo, and finally, the lime-infused pineapple chunks!
- Slide the pizza off the peel and into your Ooni pizza oven. Cook for 1-2 minutes, making sure to turn the pizza regularly for an even cook. Once cooked, remove the pizza and top with a garnish of fresh coriander to finish.
- Serve right away for an explosion of citrusy-sweet, smoky, herby, flavours!
Makes 1x 12"/16" pizza
Will @ Ooni
With so many options out there, you just need a reliable, foolproof method. This is it