Cinnamon and maple syrup cupcakes: My first cupcake recipe
Cinnamon and maple cupcakes, what more could you want?!
I've been baking a lot recently, and although I haven't been posting as much on FoodTribe, I thought someone might like to give these beauties a go!
This is my very first cupcake recipe and I'm really happy about the way they turned out. They're packed full of cinnamon with a hint of maple, with a sugar syrup to keep them really moist and delicious. And they are super simple to make.
I love cinnamon, so if you'd like more cinnamon-y flavored things, let me know in the comments and I'll hopefully get on them asap.
- 125 grams of softened butter
- 125 grams of self raising flour
- 125 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 4-6 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ...For buttercream icing... 140 grams of butter
- 1/2 bag (roughly) icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk
- cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
Cupcake batter + sugar syrup
- beat the sugar and softened butter together.
- beat the eggs and slowly add them to the sugar and butter.
- add the milk and sift in the flour.
- add the cinnamon and maple syrup.
- divide evenly into 12 cupcake cases.
- cook at 180 degrees c for 15 - 20 mins, or until cooked all the way through.
- while the cupcakes are cooling, boil some water and add 2 tablespoons of boiling water, one tablespoon of maple syrup, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of sugar into a bowl or cup and mix until the sugar dissolves.
- spread this syrup evenly onto the cooling cupcakes – it's optional but keeps them super moist.
- beat your softened butter for 5 to 8 minutes.
- slowly add icing sugar, and vanilla.
- add some maple syrup and milk if you need it to loosen up a bit.
- pipe onto the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle cinnamon sugar.
As always, let me know what you think and drop some pictures if you give these a go, and leave a bump or a comment if you like! I hope you like this recipe, and apologies for not posting for a while!