Cinnamon bubble bread recipe – snuggled together and sprinkled with sugar
Each bite-size bread is a little bubble of fresh-baked bliss, familiar and comforting
- 1cup warm Milk
- 200gms All Purpose Flour
- 3tbsp unsalted melted Butter
- 4tbsp Sugar Granules
- 1tbsp Instant Yeast
- 2tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- Garnish (Icing sugar or vanilla sugar to sprinkle)
Pre-heat the oven at 200C or according to your oven specification for 10 minutes, just before baking
- Into 1 cup of lukewarm milk add and stir, 2tbsp sugar and 1tbsp yeast. Set aside for 10 minutes. In a bowl, add sifted flour, pinch of salt, 2tbsp melted butter and the yeast mixture. Mix well forming a dough and set it aside covering with a damp cloth or cling wrap for about 30 minutes to double in size.
- After 30 minutes, knead the dough for 2 minutes. In a baking tin place a parchment/butter paper and grease with butter or oil. Make tiny balls of dough using your hands and place them sticking to each other in the baking tray.
- For cinnamon coating: Add 2tbsp cinnamon powder, 2tbsp sugar and 1tbsp melted butter and mix well for a liquid texture. Generously brush it over the bubbles. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done. Let it cool for 5 minutes and sprinkle with icing sugar or vanilla sugar just before serving.
Enjoy making this bubble bread, especially when you have kids around. Let me know if you like this recipe