Club sandwich... with a twist recipe
Take your club sandwich to the next level with the Tefal OptiGrill Elite
There are some foods we all know by name. And we see them everywhere, from hotel menus all around the world to the 'Pub Classics' section at our local watering hole. The Club sandwich is one of those recipes.
Crispy bacon, succulent turkey, gooey cheese complemented by fresh crisp salad slapped between two slices of hearty bread... doesn't it just make you hungry?
With the Tefal OptiGrill Elite, you can bet this club sandwich will be taken to the elite tier of club sandwiches... see what we did there? With an automatic thickness sensor and a touch screen grilling assistant that counts down until your food is cooked to perfection, this high spec little number could be the gadget you didn’t realise your kitchen was missing.
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 8 slices of smoked bacon
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices of roasted turkey
- 120g thin slices of Comté cheese
- 1 large tomato
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- Turn on the grill. Select the bacon symbol program and press OK.
- As soon as preheating is complete, put the rashers of bacon on the grill and close it. Press OK to start cooking.
- Cook as shown on the display, until cooked through. Transfer the bacon to a plate and gently wipe the grill with a paper towel.
- Select the sandwich symbol program and press OK.
- Spread the mayonnaise on 4 slices of bread. Add the turkey slices, bacon and cheese, and put the remaining bread on top.
- Put two sandwiches on the grill and close it. The OptiGrill also has a floating hinge lid. It'll give enough pressure to bind your sandwich together, but importantly, it won't crush your sandwich!
- Cook as shown on the display until cooked to your preference: "lightly cooked", "grilled", or "crispy". Repeat for the remaining two sandwiches.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a plate. Open them carefully and add the sliced tomato and baby spinach.
- Serve with salad and enjoy!
You can replace the turkey with chicken if you like, and can vary the cheese depending on your preference.