#CocktailCupcakes: Strawberry Daiquiri cupcakes recipe
Fabulously fruity, frivolous and fun
If someone asked you to think of a fruity cocktail, we bet your mind would immediately go to a refreshing, fun, fruity, frivolous... Strawberry Daiquiri. Probably, a frozen one.
They are a little boozy, a little easy to drink, and a lot of fun. However, it doesn't always make sense to drink a frozen strawberry daiquiri in the depths of winter… For us, it's screams summer. But, when you turn a strawberry daiquiri cocktail into a strawberry daiquiri cocktail cupcake, all bets are off, and you could be chomping on one of these babies all year round, or even in the snow. No judgement here.
We made these delightfully pink Strawberry Daiquiri cupcakes using the Tefal Cake Factory, which guarantees perfect results every time. The temperature is adapted to each stage of the baking cycle by going up and town (technical term: ‘a unique temperature curve’) to the exact heat needed, so you can spend more time dreaming of summer, whatever time of year it is.
- 110g butter
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 120g self-raising flour (possibly a little more to compensate for the rum. See how it goes with the consistency)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10ml white rum
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Several drops of red food colouring
- ...For the buttercream...
- 150g butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 10ml white rum
- 100g fresh strawberries
- ...For the garnish...
- Fresh strawberries
- Muffin cases
- Cocktail umbrellas
- Beat together 110g softened butter with 110g golden caster sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Whisk in your 2 eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add 120g self-raising flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 10ml rum, juice and zest of 1 lime, a few drops of red food colouring and combine.
- Divide the mixture into six, and add into the muffin moulds of your Tefal Cake Factory.
- Set your Tefal Cake Factory onto 'Programme 2: Muffins', and set the timer for 30 minutes. Start cooking.
- Make strawberry puree: Blend strawberries until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and heat. Bring to the boil, and reduce the mixture by half. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Using an electric whisk, beat 150g softened butter until even softer, then add 300g icing sugar and beat together. Cover your bowl with a tea towel unless you want a very white kitchen.
- Add your strawberry puree and rum, and add some more icing sugar if required to get the desired consistency for piping.
- When your cupcakes are cooked and cooled, pipe on your strawberry buttercream. Top with a piece of fresh strawberry, and add an extra cocktail umbrella if you want.