Coconut Ice Cream Pastry; A healthy and crunchy dessert in no time and effort.
I have made a healthy and grainy coconut ice-cream in pastry sheets for that amazing crunch. Cook to impress :)
- 3tbsp Thick Cream
- 3tbsp fresh Grated Coconut (you can use desiccated coconut instead)
- 3tbsp Honey or Agave syrup
- 150ml Coconut Milk (you can make some using coconut powder too)
- 2tbsp Coconut Powder (optional)
- Pastry sheets (2 per cupcake, ready from the stores small square ones preferably)
- 1/2teaspoon Salt
- Garnish- Handful Peanuts (optional)
- In a blender or with a whisker in a bowl, blend thick cream, grated coconut, honey, coconut milk, coconut powder and salt well, until you get a creamy texture. Remove in a container and freeze for about 4-5 hours.
- Once frozen, put it in a blender for 1 quick blend again for that extra creamy texture before serving or storing for further use.
- Meanwhile make the pastry cupcake using cupcake baking tin. Grease 6 cupcake holders generously and place 2 sheets per holder pressing it down nicely. Spray a good amount of oil/butter on the sheets and bake for about 20 minutes on 200C or until brown and crunchy and let it cool down completely.
- Add scoops of coconut ice-cream in the pastry and garnish with few peanuts.
Impress your guests and loved once with this easy ice-cream pastry. You can even store these pastries at room temperature for up to a week