Comfort drink: Herbal-masala-lemon tea
Fancy a spicy and sweet beverage?
Who does not experiment with tea? I am sure that you would have tried your own version of some kind of herbal tea to get rid of that flu or sore throat. So, here is my recipe for a herbal-masala-lemon tea that I tried recently. I liked it so much that I replaced this with the usual lemon tea that I make. All the ingredients mentioned below have some sort of medicinal power that boosts your immunity. So without further ado here is the recipe for the same. Enjoy!
- Tea leaves or masala tea, 2tsp
- Cardamom - 2 pieces
- Ginger - finely cut pieces of ginger, 1tsp
- Pepper powder, 2tsp
- Mint or tulsi leaves - 2 or 3
- Cumin seeds - 1tsp
- Water, 300ml
- In a pan, pour approx. 300ml of water
- Add the tea powder along with Cumin seeds, the finely cut pieces of ginger, pepper powder, cardamom, and the mint or tulsi leaves. Heat the mixture till it boils. Keep the flame in medium.
- In a cup, add sugar, jaggery, and honey as per your requirement
- Pour the hot tea using a filter in a cup and mix well
- Finally, cut half a lemon and squeeze the juice out and add it to the tea. Mix well again. Ready to serve!
Use either mint or tulsi leaves. You can eliminate sugar if you think the honey and jaggery are enough to eliminate the bitter taste. Tastes best when served hot.