Courgette Flower Recipe
We are coming to the end of the courgette flower season, so I thought I would sneak this recipe in just in time.
- 100g plain flour
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 egg separated (put the egg white in the fridge)
- Oil for deep frying
- 12-15 courgette flowers
- Mix together the flour, wine, olive oil and egg yolk in a bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add enough warm water to make a fairly smooth runny batter (somewhere between 150-200ml).
- Leave this mixture to stand at room temperature for an hour.
- Whisk the egg white till soft peaks and gently fold into the batter.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan.
- Dip the flowers in the batter and shake off the excess then fry in the hot oil until golden. Sprinkle with salt before serving.
Not as pretty when cooked but really yummy...