Creamy fries recipe: trust me on this one...
A quick and easy and carby appetizer
They come in all shapes and sizes. They can be baked, they can be fried. And yes, they're the way to quite a few people's hearts. That's right, I"m talking about French fries.
If I'm hosting a party or an unannounced get together, fries are the first thing that come to mind to prepare. And I'm always looking at different ways to spice up the old bland salted fries.
I dreamed up this recipe a while ago while hosting some picky eaters, and they seemed to love it.
This creamy sauce goes well with a few fried recipes, like fried chicken or beef jerky, but it pairs perfectly with french fries or crispy baked potato wedges.
- 1 kilo potato fries or wedges [baked or fried]
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp peri peri powder
- 1/3 fried onions (birista)
- Fry or bake the fries/wedges
- To make the sauce. In a bowl, add all the ingredients: mayo, yogurt, salt & pepper, peri-peri seasoning and fried onion. Give it a good mix until creamy.
- Toss your fries with the sauce and enjoy.
Crispier the fries the better. Doesn't taste great cold.