Delicious and filling seafood soup recipe
It's easy to make, too...
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 potatoes
- 500g of the seafood you want to use (we used a frozen mix with mussels, squid, shrimps and crab)
- White wine
- 2L fish broth
- Olive oil and vinegar
- Salt, pepper, paprika and laurel
- Defrost the seafood a few hours before you get started.
- Slice the garlic and onion very thin.
- Chop the bell pepper, potatoes and the celery into small pieces.
- If you think the seafood pieces are too big (we had some big squid rings), cut them into smaller pieces to make them easier to eat.
- Cover the bottom of a big pot in olive oil, then add the garlic and the onion.
- Add some of the salt to help the onion release its water, then add the pepper and celery.
- While this is cooking, heat up some fish broth in a different pot.
- Add the potatoes, a little bit of pepper and a spoon of paprika. I normally use 50/50 sweet and hot paprika.
- Add the seafood. Mix everything and add a glass of white wine.
- When all the wine has been reduced, add the warm fish broth.
- Add a dash of oil and vinegar, plus the laurel.
- Cook everything for 45 minutes on a low heat until the potatoes are done.
You should add the fish in at the last minute so it doesn't get overcooked and fall apart. You can also make your own fish broth if you have some leftovers (like shrimp shells for example).