Deliciously Simple Cranberry Orange Scones
An easy recipe, a delicious treat
Today I thought it would be fun to share a recipe with you that I tried out and absolutely loved, cranberry orange scones. I personally love scones but until now I've never made them. The way I came about this recipe was rather interesting. The other night I was wanting to do breakfast for dinner but was running low on some ingredients so I made a grocery store run.
However, as I was walking down the aisles I couldn't help but notice that most of the shelves in the baking section were empty with the exception of some boxes of Pioneer pancake mix. This is a pancake mix that my mom would buy when I was growing up so I'm familiar with it. Normally I don't pay any attention to the recipes on the box but the one for scones caught my eye and I'm glad it did.
- 3 cups of Pioneer Original or Buttermilk mix
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- First your're going to preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then you're going to take a large bowl and to that add your mix, orange juice, sugar and dried cranberries. Mix that until a dough forms.
- Once you have dough place it on a lightly floured surface and knead about 3-4 times. Then roll out to 1/2 inch thick and cut out your scones in whatever shape you like.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until your scones are golden brown. Allow those to cool slightly and make your glaze while you wait.
- To make the glaze add 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar to a medium bowl and add in 3 tablespoons of milk. Whisk together until it's free of lumps. You may have to add more milk.
- Drizzle the glaze over the still warm scones.
- Serve and enjoy!
I bought baking cranberries opposed to regular dried cranberries and I bought apple cinnamon cranberries because that's all I could find but the way all the flavors combined was incredible.