Home cooking brought to you by
Easiest ever squash soup
This simple chipotle and lime squash soup is perfect for Thanksgiving
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- Chipotle spice
- Ground coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, mixed herbs
- Peel and roughly chop the butternut squash and red onion. Put them, along with the garlic (you don't have to peel it) into a roasting tin.
- Dress with olive oil and add a teaspoon of each spice / herb.
- Roast for around 30-40 minutes at 350°F until the squash is soft.
- Put everything in a blender and puree with the juice of the lime and 2.5 cups of stock (add more water if the soup's too thick).
- Serve! You can top with cilantro, toasted seeds or a swirl of Greek yogurt.