Easy-bake marble cake recipe
Eggs + cocoa = a symphony of colours and flavours
When I was a child, this was the most frequent Sunday cake in our household. Easy to bake, easy to eat.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil (sunflower)
- 1 packing of baking powder or 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2.5 cups flour
- 3-5 soup spoons cocoa
- Blend 5 yolks, sugar and oil with an electric blender.
- Add the flour, baking powder and milk and blend it again. The batter should be moderately runny, so the amount of milk is determined by that.
- Whip 5 egg whites and add them gently to the batter. Use a spoon rather than a blender.
- Pour half of the batter into an oiled cake form.
- Add cocoa into the second half of the batter and blend it well. Pour it above the light batter in the cake form. Usually, the two halves will mix during baking, but you can help it a little bit by using a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes on 175C.
- Bon appétit!
I went for non-mixed colours in this one and it was a success! I added approximately 7 spoons of cocoa :-)
Now I have to test if it is best with coffee, tea, milk or hot chocolate. The tasks of these days!