Easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe
Chocolate chip banana bread, my way
Banana cake or bread is something that we can make anytime and anywhere, with basic ingredients and the ripest of bananas.
Here is my take on the famous banana bread – with a twist of chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip and walnuts mix
- In a mixing bowl, add the bananas and mash away.
- Add eggs, butter and milk, and whisk until the ingredients are blended well.
- Mix the dry ingredients (sugar, flour and baking soda) separately.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and whisk till smooth.
- Add half of the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Grease the baking pan and transfer the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the chocolate chips and walnuts on top.
- Pop the pan in the oven at 180°C for 30-35 minutes till golden brown.
Use perfectly ripe bananas and brown sugar to retain moisture.