Easy meatballs with cabbage recipe
Meatballs with Napa/Nappa cabbage – soft and juicy!
Today, I've got a different version of meatballs (pulpety or klopsiki) which I have prepared together with my mum. This time we used ham meat with the addition of Napa/Nappa cabbage. It's an easy dinner recipe. The way of preparing these is similar to a previous recipe which I have posted (turkey meatballs).
Meatballs, meatballs... Who doesn't love them? Some simple ingredients, seasonings and we have classic idea for a fantastic dinner.
And you can always freeze the meatballs and keep them for a rainy day 💁.
- Ham meat (500g)
- Napa/Nappa cabbage (x1)
- Water (500ml)
- Garlic powder (x1 teaspoon) or x2 garlic cloves (if you like, you can add more)
- Marjoram (x1 pinch)
- Bay leaves (4-5)
- Allspice (x4)
- Basil (x1 teaspoon)
- Herbes de Provence (1/2 teaspoon)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Tomato concentrate (x4 teaspoons)
- ADDITIONALLY* - 2 tablespoons of flour + 200ml of water
- Add meat, chopped Napa/Nappa cabbage, salt and pepper and mix everything till smooth consistency.
- Shape meatballs a bit bigger than walnut, coat them in flour and fry them lightly on each side.
- Boil water, add meatballs, marjoram, allspice, bay leaves, herbes de Provence, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- At the end, thicken the sauce (2 tablespoons of flour + 200ml of water), stirring the mixture constantly. Pour into the pot and boil for a moment till sauce appears thick. Serve with your favourite things.
Emilia Mig and mom