Easy midweek dinner: Almond chicken recipe
Organic chicken with almonds and creamy natural yogurt. Knock up this fresh chicken twist and add fluffy basmati rice as a quick and easy treat
Post sponsored by
Organic chicken with almonds and creamy natural yogurt. Knock up this fresh chicken twist and add fluffy basmati rice as a quick and easy midweek treat.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 150g basmati rice
- 2 tsp fresh coriander
- 150g Yeo Valley organic natural yogurt
- Heat oil in a frying pan and soften the onion, add the garlic and curry powder, cook on moderate heat for 5 mins.
- Chop the chicken into 2cm thick strips and add to the pan. Brown off for 5-6 mins. Turn the heat down low and add the almonds, stirring gently. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the yogurt.
- As this is cooking, boil the rice until fluffy.
- Serve the chicken with the rice, and garnish with chopped coriander.