Easy midweek dinner: Pasta with yogurt, pesto, lemon and asparagus recipe
An easy, speedy, lean, mean and green midweek dinner recipe that you'll love
Post sponsored by
An easy, speedy, lean, mean and green midweek dinner recipe that you'll love.
- 40g (1.5 oz) walnut pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 25g (1oz) fresh parsley
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- 125g (4oz) Yeo Valley 0% fat natural yogurt
- 200g (7oz) asparagus tips
- 350g (12oz) spaghetti or other pasta shape
- 1 tsp bouillon vegetable stock powder
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- First make the pesto. Place the walnut pieces, garlic, lemon zest and herbs in a food processor and blitz. Gradually add the yogurt to form a smooth sauce. Season and chill in the fridge until required. It will keep, covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Trim the asparagus tips. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Then 5 minutes before the end, heat a large frying pan and add the chilli flakes, bouillon powder and water. Stir to dissolve the powder then toss in the asparagus tips and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti and tip into the frying pan with the lemon juice. Pour over the pesto sauce and toss thoroughly. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and salad. For additional flavour you could sprinkle over a little freshly grated parmesan cheese.