Easy Sweet Pepper Soup Recipe
This delicious soup is easy to make and only requires four ingredients.
It's getting really cold outside. The salads are out and the soups are in. As it's also dark when you get up to go to work, and dark when you come home, it somewhat limits people's enthusiasm for cooking. Unless you've got a full weekend where you can slow cook a stew or a big joint of meat, you're going to want warming, hearty food that's easy to cook. This sweet pepper soup recipe is one of my winter go-tos. It's so easy, only has four ingredients, and it will keep you warm and full throughout winter.
- 6 sweet bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or mixed)
- 1 red onion
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- 200ml double cream
- De-seed the peppers and then roughly chop the peppers and onion into small pieces.
- Coat the veg with oil and season with salt and pepper, before spreading onto an oiled baking tray.
- Roast on a low heat (no more than 150C) for an hour. The longer they roast, the better they'll taste.
- Dissolve your stock cube in 450ml of boiling water.
- Add the roasted peppers and onion to a blender with the stock and pulse a few times, before blending until smooth.
- Add the double cream and blend on a low setting until combined.
- If necessary, heat through in a saucepan before serving.
Tip: Toss the onions with a tablespoon of brown sugar before roasting to caramelise them in the oven.