Epic Stuffed Cheeseburger
This burger is not for the small of appetite! Delicious ground beef (I used Wagyu) stuffed full of cheese….ummmm yes!
- 1kg ground beef, preferably chuck 80% beef 20% fat
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar or old English cheese
- 4 hamburger or brioche buns
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 leaves cos lettuce (1 small head)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- Some sliced pickles
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Season meat with salt and pepper, mix very lightly and shape into 8 patties.
- Flatten these patties out and lay cheese on top of 4 of the patties.
- Place the remaining 4 patties on top of the patties with cheese and seal them together, by forming them with your hand. Make certain you seal the cheese inside.
- Grill hamburgers for about 7-8 minutes on each side, over medium heat. (feel free to lay the more cheese slices on top of the hamburgers after they have been flipped).
- Whilst these are cooking, slice open the buns and lightly toast.
- To assemble, layer the beef patty, tomatoes, lettuce, sliced pickles, and onion slices on the toasted bun.
- Serve immediately.
If you can grind your own meat, it will change your life! This type of stuffed cheeseburger recipe was said to have been created back in 1954 or earlier. The first appearance was at several bars in South Minneapolis US, often going by the going by the alias Jucy Lucy. For more of my recipes go to https://australianflavours.com.au/recipes/epic-burger-stuffed-cheeseburger/