For those missing Flat Iron: Easy creamed spinach recipe
This is a good recipe for kids to start eating vegetables. It's easy, tasty, and healthy since I didn't use cream/heavy cream, but a light béchamel
There's a lot to love about Flat Iron. It's super affordable, it's delicious, you get a mini cleaver to eat your dinner with, and they do delicious creamed spinach. If you've been missing Flat Iron's creamed spinach this year, here's an easy recipe so you can at least close your eyes and pretend you're there.
- Spinach (I used frozen)
- Grated cheese
- Boil the spinach in a pot with water.
- Meanwhile, for the béchamel, add a spoon of butter to a pan or pot over a medium-low heat.
- When it's melted, add two spoons of flour and mix, forming a paste.
- Now, slowly add the milk, stirring the whole time until you get a béchamel consistency. When it's done, add some salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Take the spinach and drain it, trying to eliminate all the water you can.
- Add the spinach to the béchamel and mix. You can add some grated cheese and mix it too, or you can add a lot on top and grill it under it's bubbling and delicious.
You can add some onion or other ingredients to the béchamel if you want, before adding the flour.