Gluten-free pumpkin gnocchi recipe
I made them gluten-free using chickpea flour
We can find several types of pasta in grocery stores, but very few gluten-free options. I can only find spaghetti around here and I am a bit tired of it, so I've been thinking about making my own.
I had some leftover pumpkin and I decided to experiment with it a little. I recently saw a very simple recipe for gnocchi that required flour, sweet potatoes and salt, so I decided to copy it and substitute the sweet potato with pumpkin puree and and chickpea flour.
- For the gnocchi:
- Pumpkin puree
- Flour (I used chickpea flour)
- For the cooking:
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- First we cook the puree as much as we can to concentrate the flavour and thicken it.
- We drain the puree to eliminate the excess of water.
- We mix a cup of flour with some salt and nutmeg.
- We add flour to the pumpkin puree until we form a soft dough that we can work with.
- We divide the dough in a few small balls and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- We roll these balls into a thin cylinder and we cut it in about 2cm pieces
- I rolled the gnocchi over a fork to give them that shell shape, Although they didn't hold the shape very well, (maybe it's because it's quite humid here)
- We boil them in a pot with water and salt for about 2-3 minutes until they float.
- I cooked them in a pan with olive oil, garlic and parsley.
- I served them with some parmesan cheese and pepper.