Gnocchi with a prawn, lemon and sage sauce recipe
Easily cooked at home
I first ate gnocchi with sage in an Italian restaurant. Some time ago I tried to cook something like that in my own kitchen, and it worked well. So here's the recipe:
- 400g gnocchi
- 250g champignons or other mushrooms - sliced
- 200g small prawns
- 1 spring onion - sliced
- 15g chopped sage
- 2cl dry white wine
- Around 200 ml cream and milk
- 1 - 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt, pepper, red paprika, hot chili, starch, vegetable stock, olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice the mushrooms, spring onion, and chop the sage.
- Cook the gnocchi.
- Use the olive oil to fry the mushrooms, add the prawns and later the spring onion.
- Add the wine and let it boil down a little.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream and milk and the sage. Stir in a bit starch so that the cream doesn't curdle later.
- Season with lemon juice, red paprika, hot chili and vegetable stock.
- Mix the cooked gnocchi, and 1 - 2 tbsp of cooking water with the sauce, and serve with grated cheese.
You can keep the dish vegetarian if you replace the prawns with more mushrooms.
Find out how to make your own vegetable stock powder at home, too.