Gochujang Coleslaw Recipe
Spicy Korean Chili Coleslaw Recipe
- Small red cabbage (or Napa Cabbage)
- 2 tbsp Gochujang
- 2 tbsp Japanese mayo (Kewpie)
- 2 tbsp Ponzu
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo and mustard.
- Add the soy sauce, the ponzu, the gochujang and the ginger. Mix until emulsified.
- Slowly add in the canola oil while mixing. Mix until emulsified.
- Chop an entire small cabbage into coleslaw size bits. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the vinaigrette along with a generous quantity of freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well and cover.
- Place in the fridge for the vinaigrette and the cabbage to "get to know each other" for a minimum of 1h.
You can normally find Gochujang and Kewpie mayo at your local asian grocery store or on Amazon. This recipe uses the gochujang with a standard level of spice, you can buy the extra spicy one or add more of the standard one if you want a bigger kick. If the Kewpie mayo is too hard to find or outrageously expensive on amazon, you can use normal mayo but add a little splash of vinegar to the vinaigrette.