Home-made bread. Easy peasy.
Here's the recipe to make your own bread easily at home.
So you are bored and you want to do something different, right? I got you covered.
Here is my own recipe to bake some great bread at home. Let's start with the ingredients.
- 300 gr of all-purpose flour
- 200 gr of Manitoba flour (a flour with a high quantity of gluten)
- 360-380 ml of water (depending on how wet is your dough)
- 3 gr of dried yeast or 10 gr of fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1.5 teaspoon of salt
Prepare the dough
- put all of the flour into a kneading machine.
- If you have fresh yeast, make it into little pieces and put the yeast and the sugar into the kneading machine as well.
- If you have dried yeast, put the yeast and the sugar inside the water, stir for a couple of minutes and wait for about 5 minutes. If you see some white bubbles or some white foam, you are good to go.
- start the kneading machine and put the speeeeeeeeeeed to a medium-low setting (2 out of 4). every now and then, pour a little amount of water (not too little, let's say 1/4 at a time) into the mix and wait for a minute or two so that the dough can absorb the water and mix it properly.
- When you're done with the water, put the salt in and let it mix for a couple of minutes (the more you wait, the better)
- If the dough looks too wet for you (it should be a little wet, don't worry about it), add A LITTLE AMOUNT of all-purpose flour.
- You're done! cover the dough and let it grow until it becomes three times bigger. (a couple of hours with the fresh yeast, all night long with the dried yeast)
Cut the dough
- Put a generous amount of flour on a table and put all of your dough on it. Put the flour on your hand, too. The flour is going to be very sticky.
- don't stress the dough, we are not making pizza! Just make the dough to a squared/rectangular shape so that you can cut it in pieces of equal size
- cut the dough and put the bread on your baking tray (remember to use the greaseproof paper!)
- Pre-heat your oven at a temperature of 250 °C (482 °F)
- Put the bread inside the oven and wait from 10 to 15 minutes. When the the bread is golden (slightly brown), you are done!
Let me know what you think!