Kikkin' teriyaki and garlic chicken burger recipe
Give your chicken a kick with a Kikkoman slick...
Chicken burgers. We all love 'em... but now we're all cooped up at home for National BBQ Week, the question on everyone's lips is: how do you make a restaurant-level burger yourself? Well, fortunately for us, Kikkoman might just have the answer, in the form of this heavenly Kikkin' teriyaki and garlic chicken burger recipe.
The star of the show? Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Roasted Garlic. Grab a tablespoon and apply generously for the yummiest barbecue chicken bun your back garden has ever seen...
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil (if pan-frying)
- 8 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Roasted Garlic
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 burger buns, halved (and cut side toasted)
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 pickled jalapeño chillies from a jar, sliced
- Little gem leaves
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until 1.5 cm thick.
- Place the chicken breasts on a barbecue (or pan fry in oil in a frying pan) and cook for 3-4 mins on each side.
- Carefully pour over the Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Roasted Garlic and cook for further couple of minutes until nicely glazed. Add cheese on top of the chicken and melt.
- Top the base of each burger bun with little gem leaves. Add chicken breast, spoon over mayonnaise, add a few slices of pickled jalapeños, then top with the bun lid.