- 2kg potatoes, peeled and cut into medium to thick chunks
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- Salt, pepper, hot paprika, oregano (to taste)
- Preheat the oven at 180C
- Put the potatoes (cut and peeled) in an oven-safe dish
- Add the lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil and spices to taste.
- If your stock cubes are crumbly, just crumble them up on the potatoes. If they are more gooey, dilute them in some water and pour on top of the potatoes.
- Add some water, just enough to completely cover the potatoes.
- Mix all ingredients in the tray well.
- Put in the oven. Take the tray out every 10-15 minutes and carefully mix the potatoes, to ensure that they end up evenly coated in all the goodness at the bottom of the tray.
- Cooking time varies, depending on oven strength, kind of potatoes used, thickness of potato chunks, desired softness. Keep checking whether the potatoes are done when you take them out to mix them.
- I really, really like lemon, so will often use 3 or 4 lemons for this amount of potatoes. If you find lemon quite acidic, you may want to start with one.
- I really, really like hot paprika, and will end up making the potatoes orange all over.
- You may find that the water at the bottom of the tray has run out long before the potatoes are done. Just keep adding water, a little at a time, so that by the time the potatoes are ready, there is no more water at the bottom of the tray - there should just be some gooey goodness.
- If you want your potatoes to be crispy at the top, just skip some of the mixing towards the end.
- The amount below should serve 4 to 6. Don't ask me why my household of two doesn't have leftovers for the next day...