Linguine with seafood recipe – perfect for Mother's Day
The ideal dish for a special Mother's Day lunch or dinner
Looking for the perfect dish to surprise Mum with this Mother's Day?
Look no further than this delicious pasta dish made with Barilla Linguine and fresh seafood!
- 350g of Barilla Linguine
- 20 clams
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 12 medium-sized shrimp
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 3 thyme sprigs, thinly chopped
- 12 mussels with shells
- 1 cup of dry white wine, split
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 100g medium-sized calamari, sliced
- 4 parsley stems, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 4 basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash the seafood.
- In a small saucepan, steam the mussels with ½ cup of dry wine, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Steam clams using a separate small pan, with the other ½ cup of wine and adding salt and pepper to taste.
- (Do not steam the mussels and clams together) meanwhile, in two tablespoons of olive oil in a thick skillet, cook the garlic, onion, shrimp and calamari, add the tomatoes, the herbs, the paprika and salt and pepper.
- Cook Barilla linguine ‘al dente’ per the instructions on the box.
- Drain and combine with the seafood.
- Garnish with basil.