Make the ultimate granola for your breakfast: recipe
This is a daily staple in my household. Serve with thick Greek yogurt and your fave fruit for a healthy but tasty brekkie or brunch
This is a daily staple in my household. Serve with thick Greek yogurt and your fave fruit for a healthy but tasty brekkie or brunch.
- 1 cup of nuts -- pecans, cashews, almonds are great but any will do
- 1 cup of pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds
- Dates, roughly chopped. You could use raisins or dried cranberries instead
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sprinkle of salt -- flaky sea salt is best
- Dusting of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey, maple syrup or both!
- Roughly chop the nuts or leave them whole if you prefer.
- Combine the nuts and oats with the oil, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and the honey/maple syrup. If the mixture looks dry, add a little more.
- Spread on a baking tray and bake at a medium oven for 15-20 minutes, mixing half way.
- Add the seeds and the dates or other dried fruit. Bake for another 10 minutes, keeping a close eye on it - it's easy to burn.
- Allow to cool and enjoy with yogurt or milk.
It'll keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.