Make your 4th of July party pop with bacon and blue cheese jalapeño poppers
Bacon. Blue cheese. Jalapeños. Name a better trio, we’ll wait
Stock up on everything you need, then fire up that grill – this Independence Day is going to be the tastiest yet.
Whether you’re hosting a party with your friends, or it’s just you and your family, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Who doesn’t like bacon, blue cheese and jalapeños?
This recipe by Megamaster will wow everyone, without you having to spend hours prepping.
- 12 whole jalapeño peppers
- 10oz block of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5oz blue cheese
- 12 slices bacon
- Sweet BBQ sauce for basting
- Cut a slit lengthwise but not all the way through on one side of the chili pepper. With a spoon, carefully remove the seeds. Gently wash under cold, running water to rid of stray seeds.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, blue cheese and garlic powder.
- Fill each cavity with cream cheese mixture.
- Starting from the stem end, wrap the chili pepper with bacon, going around the length of the chili pepper and all the way to other end. Secure with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- On medium high heat grill the chili peppers, turning occasionally for about 20 minutes or until bacon is golden brown and crisp.
- Baste the chilies with BBQ sauce 2 minutes before taking them off.
1. Let your bacon get to room temperature before use, so it cooks evenly. 2. Take it to the next level: Substitute jalapeños for Serrano peppers which has the same appearance and taste, but can be up to nine times spicier! 3. Serve with ranch dressing or homemade guacamole.
Serve with homemade guacamole...