Memorial Day grill recipe: Mr. Q's BBQ meat sticks
The perfect recipe to enjoy this Memorial Day weekend
Memorial Day is nearly here – a day when Americans traditionally come together to remember the lives of those who died serving the country. Amid the celebration of life, it's a holiday that's also come to represent the start of summer; and what better way to bring in the sunny season than with a feast in the back yard?
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 crisis, Memorial Day celebrations are likely to look a little different this year – but that doesn't mean you can't tuck into some amazing home made food. These BBQ meat sticks are sure to go down a treat with your nearest and dearest, and all you'll need to make them is Mr. Q's Garlicky Sweet Marinade and some lemon lime soda. Ready for a burst of serious flavor?
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup Mr. Q's Garlicky Sweet Grilling Marinade
- Lemon lime soda
- Cut the chicken or pork into bite-size pieces. Place in a couple plastic containers and pour over Mr. Q's Garlicky Sweet Grilling Marinade. Leave to marinate for at least 3 hours (but it's best if you leave it overnight).
- Pinch the meat while using a twisting motion to secure it onto the skewers. Five pieces per skewer works best.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill to about 400 degrees. Place the skewers side by side on the grill.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes (brushing left over marinade at least 3 times per side) until cooked through and starting to char.
- For maximum flavor, take 3 parts Mr. Q’s Marinade and mix with 1 part lemon lime soda to be used as your brushing sauce.
- Serve immediately with your choice of side dishes.
Use promo code FT10 for 10% off.