My Absolute Favorite Cole Slaw
A tangy, well balanced cole slaw for any meal that your friends and family will love
- 1 head of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of mayo
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of celery seeds
- The first thing you're going to do is shred your cabbage. You can do this with a knife, I prefer to use a mandoline. Be super careful if you do use a mandoline.
- Once your cabbage is shredded put it in a 2.5 gallon Ziploc bag.
- Then, in a small bowl and add your mayo, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, black pepper and celery seeds. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the shredded cabbage and mix well, making sure all the cabbage is coated.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or until ready to serve,
- Once ready to serve, pour into serving dish and enjoy!
Like I said, this is the only clole slaw I've ever actually liked because it's not overly sweet, it's tangy and very well balanced. My dad makes this at a lot of family events, I've started making it for summer BBQ's and meals too but the credit and the top picture, goes to the original author.
Malcolm Reed from How To BBQ Right.